Getting a divorce in Texas can be more complex and time-consuming than it seems. The reason behind the long process can be multiple. It can either be you, your partner’s Lawyer, or a combination of both.
In this post, we will look at some of the possible reasons why your divorce is taking longer and then look at the solutions to speed up the process.
Some of the common reasons for delays:
- Self-employed partner: If the partner stated that their self-employed partner is earning more than they usually do or they are creative with their wealth.
- Complexity: Complex divorces take longer to resolve than the usual ones. Depending on the properties at stake and the issues involved, the processing time can be longer.
- Division of property: divorce proceedings are dragged when property division cases are involved.
- Compulsory waiting period: Each state has its mandatory waiting period to avoid unnecessary divorce and head them towards couple counseling.
- Amount of conflict involved: The higher the conflict between partners, the longer the divorce will take. Each case depends on the conflicts involved between both parties.
How to speed up the process:
- Act quickly: Preparing is a primary aspect that can speed up your divorce process. Collecting information, including all the financial documents, and seeking the help of a lawyer to understand any extra information that you may require ahead plays a crucial role in speeding the entire process.
- Cooperating with your partner: Cooperating with your partner also significantly increases the divorce process. Cooperating with your partner does not mean agreeing with everything they say. Still, a timely response to their information requests, effectively communicating with them and following the deadlines play a vital role.
- Mediation: you can minimize and eliminate the crucial sticking points in your divorce process by pursuing mediation. Since litigation can take a while, you can reduce hours of divorce attorneys by minimizing the differences before.
If you are in Texas, you might need assistance from the best Lawyer who will help you quicken up the process by following the proper steps.
Ramos Law Group is a leading firm of the best lawyers with years of professional experience in family law. You can book a consultation and schedule a meeting to get in touch with a lawyer who will help with your contested divorce and decide on a perfect strategy for starting a new chapter of your life.
If you have any questions about contested divorce in Texas, please comment on them in the comment section.