A trademark is crucial to distinguish a seller’s product from the others. It can be a name, word, or symbol to an embodiment of the reputation of a company. It’s very important to file a trademark for a company to accumulate goodwill. Apple, Google, McDonald’s, and any other reputed company have trademarks that identify them from others. A brand name and its association with particular goods or services should be represented to the customers with the help of a trademark. Protecting a trademark with federal registration will make sure that it is recognized internationally. Those who are still not aware of the importance of a trademark, read the complete post.
Why register a trademark?
- Benefit 1: Unregistered trademarks may work in some areas for the sales of goods or services. But it doesn’t have that level of legal protection. When a company has a registered trademark the business owner can have better protections.
- Benefit 2: In order to make sure that a particular trademark of a company doesn’t resemble any other registered trademarks. When two trademarks are similar there can be chances for legally sued by the registered trademark. If such a problem occurs then the unregistered company may have to rename the company name or create a new logo.
- Benefit 3: The main intention of registering a trademark is to make sure every company has a different trademark. It’s extremely important for every individual company to protect its exclusive rights. It ensures that there is no confusion on the brand identity.
- Benefit 4: Registration of trademark serves as evidence of the validity and exclusive ownership of the mark. If there any legal issue arises it will help in court proceedings and quickly convince others to cease the unregistered trademark.
- Benefits 5: A company with a registered trademark can grant the right to sue in federal court to obtain treble damages. Whether it is a small company or a big one, every organization should consider to file a trademark. They are not merely descriptive papers they can minimize trademark problems by acquiring distinctiveness.
- Benefits 6: A registered trademark of the USPTO can offer nationwide notice of an owner of the mark as the date of registration. If a company attempts to use the same trademark, it will not be able to claim. In such a situation, the opposite company can provide adequate legal notice.
In today’s competitive market world, there are lots of major companies which have their own federal registration. Trademark registration may take a good amount of time and a fairly minimal cost. The registration of the trademark can protect a brand from any potential abuse by others. Trademark federal registration. Without any further delay file, a trademark for greater customer satisfaction and higher sales. The major importance of trademark registration is to eliminate the confusion of similar marks and any other inevitable confusion. Provide better and safer indentation to the company for better growth.