Anybody looking for a personal injury lawyer is going through a tough time. A dependable lawyer is the need of the hour. People tend to make bad decisions when perplexed. That’s why it is good to have contacts beforehand. Be it a Camp Lejeune law firm with Marine Corps ties or a law firm that deals with blue-collar accidents, the lawyer has to be reliable.
Spotting a Reliable Lawyer
Most people find it difficult to trust lawyers. A personal injury lawyer wants a win. Finding an efficient and reliable lawyer is not a cakewalk but possible. Here is how one can spot a good lawyer.
Sometimes people go for inexperienced lawyers because they are affordable. People think about the costs when the outcome is not a guaranteed win. They are scared of losing their savings in the court proceedings and still not winning the case. This defeatist attitude tips the scales towards a loss.
Investing in an experienced lawyer increases the chances of a win. The benefits outweigh the cost. Winning is the only option for an experienced and dedicated lawyer.
Affiliation Check via Case Records
Some corrupt lawyers have secret corporate ties. They get paid to throw their case in favor of the organization. These lawyers will throw their clients under the bus without a thought. Not all law firms are honest like the Camp Lejeune law firm.
Once hired, there is no way to understand if the lawyer is playing the client. The best way to avoid such a lawyer is to perform a background check. Their records will indicate if they are inclined to win. A pattern of losses with common clients who worked for a big corporation is a red flag.
Thorough Background Check
It is wise to not only check the records the lawyer provides. Looking for real-life referrals is a solid way to know.
The qualities to look for are:
- Approachability– Who wants to work with a rude person anyway? A good lawyer will provide a safe space for their clients.
- Transparency– A good lawyer knows their client has the right to information at every step. Status reports approach taken, ideas for the win, everything must be discussed.
- Success rate and time– Former clients must be satisfied with the turnout of the case and the time it took. Justice delayed is justice denied.
- Reputation– The lawyer must be clean with no priors or accusations of prejudice.
- Professionalism– Hollywood wants people to fall for the “eccentric genius” trope, but that’s a slippery slope. The lawyer must have a formal office and a respectable work ethic.
These qualities make a lawyer trustworthy.
Most people cannot afford the steep hourly rates of a good lawyer. The good news is that reputed lawyers like the Camp Lejeune law firm work on contingency. This encourages them to win and helps gain the trust of potential clients. Finding a lawyer who works on contingency is key to winning.